This year, our department is suffering from an unprecedented drought. Since February, the inhabitants of the Pyrénées-Orientales have been subjected to important restrictions.
For years we have been concerned about the preservation of water and have taken action to reduce its consumption. This season, we must make even greater efforts and need your help to meet this major challenge.
Join us in saving water by doing these simple things that make a difference:
- Turn off the water when you don’t need it
- Use a bin for your dishes (the water collected in the bin is a flush saved!)
- Favour quick showers (5 minutes)
- Avoid unnecessary flushing (don’t use the toilet as a waste bin)
- Report any leaks in the field
- Don’t wash your car
Every little action will count to preserve this vital resource.
We thank you in advance for your participation and wish you a pleasant holiday! 😃